CISSP Study Group
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Fall 2018 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $450.00, our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning February 19, 2019 through May 21, 2019 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Where: UMBC Training Center, 6996 Columbia Gateway Drive,Columbia, MD
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
- Chapter Membership: Join ISSA within three months of class completion and the Chapter will refund the local chapter dues.
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\
Training the Workforce of Tomorrow with the Warriors of Today
Free Splunk Training for Former Service Members
As part of the $100 million Splunk Pledge, we have committed to supporting the effort to train the workforce of tomorrow by equipping veterans and former service members with the Splunk skills they need for today’s jobs — all at no cost to them.
By simply verifying your veteran status with TroopID and creating a Splunk account, you can quickly access SplunkWork+ resources for free. The SplunkWork+ community you are about to join is for current service members, veterans and spouses. Through this program, you will have access to award-winning eLearning courses that will help prepare you for the leading jobs available right now at companies around the world. Additional information can be found at https://workplus.splunk.com/veterans.