Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer (CISO)
Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals. No prior Federal service is required. This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. A government-wide Direct Hire Authority exists for Information Technology positions in the 2210 series. UNDER THIS AUTHORITY CATEGORY RATING, "RULE OF THREE", AND VETERANS' PREFERENCE PROCEDURES DO NOT APPLY.
As a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), you will:
- Ensure current and anticipated agency initiatives include appropriate information security measures to protect sensitive bank and agency information by directing the implementation of the OCC’s enterprise information assurance/cybersecurity and privacy program.
- Authoritatively advise the Comptroller, CIO, and senior OCC officials to enhance and integrate information system security programs and initiatives across the OCC through policies, procedures, cybersecurity training, and monitoring tools in accordance with or for the purpose of establishing agency information security strategy, vision, and goals.
- Regularly apprise the CIO and OCC executives of risks and new requirements.
- Plan and assign work to be accomplished by direct-reports and subordinate supervisors/team leaders.
Conditions of Employment
- As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 8, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding with the agency.
- This position isexcluded from the bargaining unit.
Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a one-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel frequently/Travel occasionally to attend conferences and/or training.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
- Successfully complete a background investigation that includes criminal history, financial history (including a credit check) and other information.
- Obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Experience: All applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-VI band level or GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
Leading an agency-wide cybersecurity/information assurance strategy and program, developing information security policies, leading security risk assessment efforts, and leading security monitoring solutions.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desirable.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To receive any credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate the number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education is not qualifying for this position