Congratulations to the ISSA Central Maryland Chapter for being selected as the
2017 Mid-Size Chapter of the Year
October 25, 2017 General Meeting
Topic:Secure SDLC: The Missing Link in the Supply Chain
In recent years, the global supply chain has become the new “playground for hackers”. With supply chain inherently having numerous links (from suppliers to manufacturers to distributors), the number of potentially exploitable relationships makes it an attractive target. This presentation includes the ‘how’ and the ‘why’ of supply chain attacks and describes several notable malware campaigns affecting supply chain in multiple industries
Speaker: Chris Hall, Wapack Labs
Chris has been in the intelligence community for over 16 years in various capacities including SIGINT, network defense, reverse-engineering, and fusion. In 2012, Chris moved from the government to the private sector to help form the Red Sky alliance and then co-found Wapack Labs in 2013. As a partner at Wapack Labs, Chris’s main responsibility is to oversee the production, sourcing, and collection of intelligence.
CISSP Study Group
Registration Is Now Closed
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Spring 2017 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $300 for ISSA members ($425 for non-ISSA members), our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning September 12, 2017 through December 19, 2017 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Where: Parsons Cyber, 7110 Samuel Morse Dr., Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046
Cost: ISSA Members: $300
Non-ISSA Members: $425
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
To join the ISSA Central Maryland chapter, visit:
ISSA International Home Page: www.ISSA.org
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\