September 27, 2017 General Meeting
Most companies have some form of a security initiative for custom applications. Whether this is driven by regulations, a past incident, executive awareness or other factors, development managers understand the need to promote and/or enforce secure development practices. While striving for consistently secure code and continually improving code security is a goal development teams share, actually achieving that relies on the enthusiasm of individual developers. Based on hundreds of customers across many industries over the course of 10 years, we will discuss common practices for building application security into the SDLC, and note which ones have been the most successful. We will also offer ideas on emerging practices that may further promote application security in process.
Speaker: Curtis Bragdon, Director of Sales, Code Dx
Curtis Bragdon has over 20 years’ experience designing and deploying software systems, helping teams design more secure software, and selling technical tools throughout the enterprise. Over the past 10 years, he has focused on cybersecurity at the network and application level, helping hundreds of companies secure their systems. At Code Dx, he helps companies build security into the Software Development Lifecycle.
CISSP Study Group
Registration Is Now Open
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Spring 2017 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $300 for ISSA members ($425 for non-ISSA members), our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning September 12, 2017 through December 19, 2017 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Where: Parsons Cyber, 7110 Samuel Morse Dr., Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046
Cost: ISSA Members: $300
Non-ISSA Members: $425
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
To join the ISSA Central Maryland chapter, visit:
ISSA International Home Page: www.ISSA.org
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\