August 22, 2018 General Meeting
Speaker: MICHAEL A. TARINELLI, CONSULTING SYSTEMS ENGINEER – ARUBA SECURITY
Michael serves as a Consulting Systems Engineer focusing on cyber security. He spent the first 15 years of his career in the financial services industry working at AlianceBernstein where he led a project to acquire and deliver one of the first secure WLANs in the financial industry. While at AB, Michael led the security engineering group focusing on internal and perimeter security tools before leaving in 2008 to join Panzura, a startup founded by former Aruba engineering folks. Michael then joined Aruba in 2011.
Topic: Protecting your data from the insider threat; introducing the Aruba 360 Secure Mobile Fabric
Attacks against an organizations valuable and sensible information are getting more and more complex and frequent. Hackers know that the weakest point of attack is the user and exploits that fact by targeted phishing, over the shoulder, and brute force attacks meant to expose a user’s credentials. Once they have this, they craft their next steps carefully to evade traditional security mechanisms, masking their maneuvers to appear like normal user traffic. From this session, learn more about this attack vector and Aruba’s security solutions and methodology on how to minimize your risk as well as how to apply machine learning and AI to quickly find and remove these threats from your environment.
CISSP Study Group
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Fall 2018 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $450.00 our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning September 4, 2018 through December 11, 2018 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
- Chapter Membership: Join ISSA within three months of class completion and the Chapter will refund the local chapter dues.
To join the ISSA Central Maryland chapter, visit:
ISSA International Home Page: www.ISSA.org
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\
Congratulations to the ISSA Central Maryland Chapter for being selected as the
2017 Mid-Size Chapter of the Year