January 24, 2018 General Meeting
Topic: Moving Beyond The Basics in a Post-Perimeter World
Discussion on the evolution of the network, the challenges this evolution poses, and the best practices for addressing these challenges in what Duo is calling the post-perimeter world. How Google’s BeyondCorp is introducing the idea of ZeroTrust Networks and the advantages of securing access to applications through a user and device-centric authentication and authorization workflow.
Speaker: Mark Royal, Sr. Solutions Architect at Duo
CISSP Study Group
Registration is Now Open!
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Spring 2017 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $300 for ISSA members ($450 for non-ISSA members), our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning February 13, 2018 through May 15, 2018 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Where: Parsons Cyber, 7110 Samuel Morse Dr., Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046
Cost: ISSA Members: $300
Non-ISSA Members: $450
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
To join the ISSA Central Maryland chapter, visit:
ISSA International Home Page: www.ISSA.org
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\
Congratulations to the ISSA Central Maryland Chapter for being selected as the
2017 Mid-Size Chapter of the Year