Congratulations to the ISSA Central Maryland Chapter for being selected as the
2017 Mid-Size Chapter of the Year
December 13, 2017 General Meeting
Note: The December meeting will be held at the National Electronics Museum.
1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum, Maryland | Phone: 410-765-0230
Topic: Enhancing Information Security in Microsoft Office 365
Many organizations across various verticals have either moved or are strongly considering a move to Office 365. Yet, these systems represent a substantial threat of data loss due to hackers, phishing and insider threats – and the threat landscape is continually evolving. Today, advanced security and data loss prevention features are needed to combat information borne threats across email – from within and outside the organization. However, Microsoft Office 365 only has basic security features. This presentation will examine that threat landscape and Clearswift’s or other Secure Email Gateway’s ability to substantially enhance Office 365 security via an integrated approach
Speaker: Scott Messick, Senior Sales Engineer, ClearSwift
Scott Messick is a Senior Sales Engineer with Clearswift based in New Jersey. In this role he works with the largest Clearswift customers and prospects across North and South America. Scott joined Clearswift about one year ago, after 12 years with Credit Agricole Corporate Investment Bank (CA-CIB). While with Credit Agricole, Scott was a Windows Technical Lead, a Windows Platform Engineer, a Windows Platform Group Manager and was promoted to Vice President. Scott also served on the IT and IT Security Management Committees that oversaw all North and South America IT and IT Security infrastructure operations for the Bank.
CISSP Study Group
Registration is Now Open!
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Spring 2017 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $300 for ISSA members ($450 for non-ISSA members), our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning February 13, 2018 through May 15, 2018 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Where: Parsons Cyber, 7110 Samuel Morse Dr., Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046
Cost: ISSA Members: $300
Non-ISSA Members: $450
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
To join the ISSA Central Maryland chapter, visit:
ISSA International Home Page: www.ISSA.org
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\