Congratulations to the ISSA Central Maryland Chapter for being selected as the
2017 Mid-Size Chapter of the Year
December 13, 2017 General Meeting
Note: The December meeting will be held at the National Electronics Museum.
1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum, Maryland | Phone: 410-765-0230
Topic: Preventing Insider Threats: Insights from the Field
The talk will cover the mind of the insider, define the insider threat and provide practical steps and consideration to create an effective insider threat program.
Speaker: Greg Cullison, COO, Big Sky Associates, Inc.
Greg Cullison is COO at Big Sky Associates, Inc., a security consultancy in Washington DC. In this capacity he stood up a new market-facing vertical and has helped numerous organizations initiate or improve their insider threat programs. He is a certified Insider Threat Program Manager by Carnegie Mellon University and is a member of the Insider Threat subcommittee at the Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA). He is a frequent speaker on the topic and created an online course to teach companies in the Defense Industrial Base to comply with the National Industrial Security Policy Operating Manual (NISPOM) Change 2 requirements for insider threat programs.
CISSP Study Group
Registration is Now Open!
ISSA Central Maryland is pleased to announce the opening of registration for our Spring 2017 session of the CISSP Study Group. As you may know, we conduct these study groups twice a year (Spring and Fall) in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01. At just $300 for ISSA members ($450 for non-ISSA members), our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights beginning February 13, 2018 through May 15, 2018 (14 nights)
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Where: Parsons Cyber, 7110 Samuel Morse Dr., Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046
Cost: ISSA Members: $300
Non-ISSA Members: $450
Discounts available for employees of chapter sponsors.
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, copies of the presentations, other materials, and dinner! NOT INCLUDED are the cost of the textbook and the CISSP exam.
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than most Boot Camps or even other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- It’s a night you don’t have to cook! We typically bring in pizza, Subway, Uno’s, Jimmy John’s, and such, so you don’t have to eat before or after you get here.
- Hang out with other smart people. J Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation on topics of interest to you.
- Meet new people working in your industry. Network for recruiting or collaborative purposes.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
To join the ISSA Central Maryland chapter, visit:
ISSA International Home Page: www.ISSA.org
Additional information, contact:
Vice President of Education
Chuck Dickert, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CAPM\