- This event has passed.
ISSA Dark Web Tour Workshop
November 8 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Training Topic: ISSA Dark Web Tour Workshop
Join the ISSA Central Maryland Chapter and IntSights for an afternoon of knowledge transfer on Dark Web and Threat Intelligence. This workshop will include a *live* Dark Web Tour. What was once a figment of the imagination, the Dark Web has evolved into an Amazon-ish shopping destination where nation-states, hackers, and even the most unsophisticated cyber criminals can purchase and barter for malware, crime ware-as-a-service, VIP emails and passwords, credit card numbers, bank accounts and more.
- How threat intelligence platforms collect threat intelligence from the clear, deep and dark web to deliver contextual and tailored digital risk protection against emerging threats
- How to automate threat intelligence to automate proactive defense
- How crypto currency is being used extensively to monetize criminal activity
- Which nation-states are expanding their Dark Web presence in an effort to keep up with national defenses
- Why organizations of all sizes need to understand what is lurking on the Dark Web in order to properly protect against external and internal threats
- This presentation is open to members and security professionals. This presentation is not intended for security vendors.
Speaker: Rick Garza, Senior Sales Engineer for IntSights
Rick Garza is a Senior Sales Engineer for IntSights with 20 years of experience in the tech world, 10 of which have been spent as an SE for various security vendors across multiple facets of the Cybersecurityindustry.