Hello. As 2015 starts, we are going to start a new practice. The chapter will post a monthly blog to let our members, sponsors and the local security community know what we are doing. We will open this blog with a brief summary of our many 2014 successes. Joined forces outside the Cyber Community to hold 1st ever joint conference between IEEE and PMI;
- Increased involvement and member of our student Chapters at UMBC;
- Supported future of our profession by being a Gold Sponsor and Presenter at 2nd HoCo STEM Festival;
- Joined the Howard Tech Council;
- Participated in the Cybermaryland 2014 Conference
- Sent more Board members to ISSA International Conference than any other chapter
- Begin planning a joint conference with the NOVA and DC ISSA Chapter to be held April 15, 2015
- Held two successful CISSP study groups;
- Held 12 successful monthly chapter meetings
- Held social/educational events such as trip to the Spy Musuem
- A very successful year by any measure. Many of these activites will carry over, be duplicated or increased in 2015.
Our first chapter meeting will feature Kathy Worgul from the Maryland Business and Employment center on January 28 at Parsons. She will be discussing ways to improve your career using Linkedin. Don’t miss this meeting as we will be discussing a Chapter Strategic Plan that Board has been developing.
We are gearing up for the Spring CISSP study group starting February ?? at Phoenix near the Mall. Spread the word to your co-workers and colleagues that wish to join the CISSP Community. Shortly, we will have more information on our Joint Conference with DC and NOVA ISSA Chapters. We are planning an exciting informative agenda for April 15 at NIST HQ.
We are constantly searching for new ideas to serve you and future blogs writers. You may always contact the Board with your thoughts and commets at email@example.com